Monday, June 4, 2012

Cecelia Webber's Flowers Made Of Nude Bodies

I saw this on HuffingtonPost.com. It's pretty fun - people, naked people, colorized, grouped and arranged to look like flowers.





From the interview posted:
The models up until this point in time have all been volunteers. I've had a lot of people offer to pose for my pieces spontaneously. This month will actually mark the first in which I actively recruit models, and I'm going for a mix of different ages, body types, and ethnicities. [Our] culture can be very youth-centric and airbrushed, and I'm interested in portraying a much broader picture. I also appear as the model in a great deal of my artwork; I spent the first two years making this art with a self-timer on a little point and shoot digital camera I rigged up using the hanger bar in my closet.

It should be some great inspiration for my photoshop class I teach.

I like that as plants and with colors - the human bodies become like anything else in nature - natural. The context of sexuality has been removed.

No comments: