Friday, March 14, 2008

The Turning Weather

Wednesday it was nearly 60 Degrees out. I painted at McCormick's Creek. There were a few icicles near the falls, some ice on the steps - not any Spring growth yet. But it's close. Lots of water from snow melts and rain coming down the falls.

Yesterday was another 60 degree day. We had had some things pop out of the ground what with having intermittent warm days. But yesterday got more things going. A greenish tint to some willows - they are among the first to go green. Also some daffodils and crocuses decided it was safe for their leaves to come up. Of course there have been snowdrops and early risers. I thought it may have looked like a yard of yellow something north of the IU campus yesterday.

I took a little hike along Griffey Lake. As I was walking I heard noises getting louder and louder as I got closer. There was sort of a wet lands area - it seemed to be frogs, toads, bugs, birds - but I couldn't see any animals or insects.

There are some trees there that look nice without leaves - I'll have to go back before it changes too much.

No comments: